Credits: 14 PE/A2 CMTBC Cont. Ed. Credits
May 2nd & May 9th | (2-Day Course over 2 Mondays)
(IN PERSON VERSION)
Unofficially, I wanted to call this course, Pain Science for Dummies, or Pain Science, so What?
Over the last few years, a lot of us have taken an interest in evidence-based practice, pain science, and a biopsychosocial (BPS) approach to treatment. A lot of us are still walking away from CECs confused about how this should change our practice on Monday morning.
This is not another pain science course.
I won’t be explaining pain physiology to you. I mean…who wants to hear that anyway? Okay…maybe some of us do, so if you want a great explanation of pain physiology, I have some great suggestions.
If you want to skip to the part where we focus on which is what it means for practice, this course might be for you.
This is a course that will fit your practice whether you’re a Cranio/Visceral practitioner, or more of a structurally based therapist. It offers a framework that is flexible enough to fit anyone’s practice.
- Gain confidence in providing a faster, and more accurate assessment to quickly and more efficiently reveal your indications for treatment.
- Better treatment planning.
- More meaningful interactions with patients.
- Gain an understanding of how to better operationalize the biopsychosocial model in the context of providing registered massage therapy.
- Improve charting skills to reflect this new clinical paradigm.
- Identify and treat some of the stumbling blocks in our thinking that may get in the way of engaging with the material, and professionals.
This course is for you if…
- If you’re tired of hearing negativity about the limitations of massage therapy.
- If you hear messages that nothing we do matters.
- if you are getting the message, or are treating people who have received the message that pain is all in their heads.
- If you’re looking for optimistic messages about the future of massage therapy.
- You understand that emerging evidence has had an impact on the massage therapy world, but are unsure about what that means we should do.
This Course might NOT be for you if…
- If you are comfortable navigating how to implement a BPS approach into your practice.
- If your assessment skills are already superb.
- If you’re wanting to learn new fancy manual techniques.
- If you have taken a course with me within the last year (There will also be a lot of new material, but I just wouldn’t want anyone to be disappointed with a chunk of overlap).